Sunday, September 16, 2007

Trading One Compulsion, For Another

So... I am at home this Sunday..relaxing and enjoying the quiet. I'm baking some mini- cakes..it's a little side hobby/source of income that I do sometimes. I'll be the first to tell you, that when I smell baking sweets wafting through my home, it gives me the compulsion to eat EVERYTHING in sight..especially the sweets. But after doing the baking for a awhile. I know that it passes, and I have learned to control it for my health, and weights sake. I don't even lick those stray droppings of cake batter, or my cream cheese apple filling off the blender mixer tongs anymore. There are a TON of calories that can be taken in that way.

But what I am finding, is that when I have the compulsion to eat at odd and often unnecessary times...is now I have the compulsion to write, or jot things down in my blog. I don't know how healthy this is..but I do know that I don't eat as much in between . I think it helps me.
I want to work out today, but I'll be baking all day for my cousin, so I won't be able to get a good cardio session in until later when I don't have to watch the oven. I think I'll do a little weight training in between..and a lot of AB work. I;ll check in later.

4 comments:

Phat&Sassy said...

Hey
I wanted to thank you so much for commenting on my blog.It really helps knowing someone else is interested in my success. Make me want to work harder to show you all my progress. I can't wait to see your pics(Tee hee) and the progress you will make as we journey together to a better, sexier, body.

Thanks

sweetnes said...

Hmm, a possible writing compulsion? That sounds like more updates - awesome!

Simply Me said...

LOL! I thought I was the only one. Everytime I think of something the first thing I want to do is come and write about it!

Peace.Vrede.Paz said...

I think the writing compulsion is contagious LOL