Thursday, September 6, 2007

So Why DId I Create A Workout Blog

The potential to embarrass myself never occurred to me. I mean seriously. To post pictures of my genetically challenged physique, tell folks I don't known how I eat all the wrong stuff, and show how little will power I have was just NOT enough of a frightening prospect.

Actually. I love being on the computer. I love reading and communicating with others. And I love putting words down. So I thought this would be the perfect way to incorporate it into my workout. This way...Not only can I hold myself accountable , but I can also check my progress to see how well I'm doing. Or NOT doing.

I've been working out off and on for years. I do admit. I am a bit lazy. I like so many other women, had a great body young. Got pregnant, and well you know the rest. Now..I am in no way grossly overweight, or obese. In fact with the right clothes, most people actually wonder why I bother to make so much effort...But actually, it's my midsection.

YES, YES , YES...I am AB OBSESSED!. Like so many others, I too long for the six pack look. Hey, I'll take the 4pack..At this rate..I'll take the look of the plastic rings that hold them together. I use to have a lovely flat stomach. But my 1997 pregnancy, and resulting miscarriage at 51/2 months left me with extra weight I just can't shake.

I want to be able to put on a pair of pants, and actually TUCK IN my shirt, and not see the lower pooch. Mine doesn't extend so far out, that I can't see my "HooHaa"But it's just enough to annoy me.So I am making extra effort in what I eat, my workouts, and everything in between. Starting yesterday..I made myself a workout schedule on my Google Calender. All the way through the month of November. In the morning, when your half awake, trying to figure out which workout DVD takes too much time and easily distracts me.I promised myself that If I stick with this scheduled, I will buy myself something. So that's one piece of motivation.

Second is this blog. ACCOUNTABILITY...ACCOUNTABILITY...ACCOUNTABILITY!

That is the name of this game. I must be accountable. I must enjoy myself, but I must see my progress. So will be posting everyday. Or I SHOULD BE posting everyday. What I did, good or bad..What I didn't do, good or bad. But I must see my journey in words. I think it will help me.

Okay..READY ..SET....

GO BACK To Bed

2 comments:

Dr.Muse said...

Thanks for creating this.
You have my 100% support!

LaMonica said...

Thanx Niya. I hope you create one , so we can help and encourage each other.