Saturday, September 29, 2007

Almost A Week

Hey fitness Bloggers...

Well..I've been away for almost a week. I was sore for a long time after doing that workout I told you about. Plus there have been a lot of things going on ..I fell off my workouts due to job interviews for a promotion, and getting to work late ,so that threw me off my Curves workout as well.. But I don't feel bad about it though. The week off gave me time to think and reflect about my fitness goals. I think I needed that time to step back and get the pressure off myself. I did do a few workouts..but not as intense.

As I said getting the pressure of is really uplifting. My hubby is so wonderful and supportive. I feel like I have to look my absolute best for him..it's one of the reasons that I workout...But I finally followed his advice and I took a break. He knows how badly I want to look the way he met me. But he told me not to kill myself for it. So...This is going to be a new week with a new attitude.

So..I will be restarting the P90X "Lean" program...this way it's done properly. I also settled on a fat Burner..I went with SlimQuick Extreme ..I did my online research , and felt that this was the one to try. I like that they have a detailed instruction booklet that doesn't give the illusion of "Pop This Pill & You Will Be Thin" sell. I appreciate the truth of the makers saying to that diet and exercise are the key.

So I'm ready for my program. I've cleaned the junk out of the house. If I want to snack..there are only fruits and veggies in the house. I'm making it a POINT to carry my lunch to work EVERYDAY..Not only to save money..but to have more control over what I eat and my calorie intake. My liquid intake is strictly water all day.. Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea with my lunch or dinner...and maybe the occasional glass of Ocean-Spray Cranberry Juice...Or orange Juice. Nothing carbonated..and if the sugar intake is high....as in with the Cranberry Juice or Orange juice..at least the base has health benefits.

Now....I am a TRUE chocoholic, and it has been the hardest thing to give up. But of course, true addictions don't leave. They linger around to taunt and tempt....So let me tell you what I do in regards to my chocolate cravings. There is a deli inside the building where I go to Curves everyday on my lunch hour workout. They have the ABSOLUTE BEST chocolate chip cookies...made from scratch. They bake them everyday.and the smell WAFTS through the entire building. I simply pick a date to have them as a treat to myself. That day is every other 1st of the month payday. I skipped this month..so I'm not due til Dec 1st payday for the treat. ..This way I reward myself for my hard work , I get to indulge without over indulging. ..Now if I get the chocolate craving anytime in between... I buy a box of Raisinets Dark. I get the chocolate I crave , with the health benefits that raisins give. But I don't indulge too often.

So in my effort to return to normal..I will give a fitness tip of the day just to make me feel on track with the week to come.

Fitness Tip Of The Day ~ The next time you're at Target ,when you do your regular shopping , always pick up something that will be incorporated into your fitness goals. Whether it's a new sports bra, a set of hand weights, a new workout outfit. Something that will remind you to keep in mind the lifestyle you are trying to lead. We girls love a reason to buy and USE our new stuff. Make your fitness gear something regular like groceries.

2 comments:

sweetnes said...

I hope you get that promotion and I'm glad you took time out to re-evaluate your plan to make sure that it is working for YOU! With such a positive attitude and determined spirit, I'm sure you will get your success :)

Reflection said...

Congratualtion on reflecting and re-evaluating your plan to work for you. I wish you much success!