Sunday, January 27, 2008

Juicing IS Working!!!



NO really... I am actually losing weight. Okay..I think I've lost about 6 pounds. But hey..it's something. My clothes are looser . And I can't tell you how great I feel. I can juice in the morning, eat a light lunch, and juice in the evening and still feel great.

I love the fact that I don't crash in the middle of the day after lunch. I only had one instance of crashing..I had a training class to attend and lunch was provided for us..and I ate a chocolate chip cookie, and drank a glass of Cherry coke..and about 1 hour after lunch, DURING the class.my body started to crash ...HARD! Ohh GAWD it was horrible.

My hubby is also feeling the effects. He has more energy. He has been running more lately, which as a result for him, kinda helps with the cough that he gets because he has sarcoidosis . I'm still making him get an X-ray and an MRI of his lungs to rule out things like cancer and such. But when he jogs on the regular, the cough and hacking goes away. And I don't worry as much. We are officially a couple of "Juicing Fools". I can drink my nutrients ALL day. my favorite fruit to use..THE CANTALOUPE . It taste AMAZINGLY smooth going down. Actually..after I post this recipe, I'm going to make me some more Juice.

This is really good , because it's so simple to make. It's called a "Ginger Glory". I hope you like it as much as I do...As I said before..I will NEVER buy store brought juice again... And that's saying something. I brought more juice than meat at times, because my hubby and I drink so much juice. Now..It's all about that fresh juice. And this is the first time EVER that there has NOT been any produce going to waste. We are practically out of fruits and veggies, and I don't get paid until Friday. I don't know what EVER WILL WE DO?

Chayil..work that juicer honey. Do it for 1 week. I know you will feel the same way I do now.

Anyway..I hope your fitness goals and efforts have not fallen by the wayside because of the cold weather. Keep it up now , so you won't have only a few weeks til summer.

Good Luck. And enjoy the recipe.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

I have the same juicer but haven't gotten as far as you have. Congrats and your blog is very inspirational!!!!

MrsPerfectlyImperfect said...

Hey LaMonica!

I'm a juicing addict too! My BF and I do a juice fast once a week and we use our juicer for that...celery, carrot, apple is my favorite mix but i think we're gonna need some variety soon..lol!

Yana said...

Good going, lady!

I miss my juicer! You can be so creative with juicing! I swear I never imagined that pears, carrots, and apples tasted so good together!