Sunday, January 20, 2008

So Is The Juicing Helping?




Hey Bloggers...as you know from my last entry..I bought my juicer. Well..I am still loving it. I go for it first thing in the morning. Usually.. exercising would be my first thing. But I have been sick with a bad bad cold as of late, and haven't had the energy.

But I do think that in the short time I've been juicing that I now know how good it will be for me in conjunction with proper exercise. The main thing that I have noticed in the first week of juicing..is that I don't get that middle of the day CRASH that I got no matter how healthy I thought I was eating. Of course I have had to learn how sugar and carbs can have this effect..but I now see how taking in purely natural nutrients makes all the difference.

Something else..I can honestly say..I will NEVER go back to EVER buying store brought juices in bottles. Not just because of the costs..not just because of the crap like preservatives that's not good for me...but because the taste of fresh juice is far superior. It's amazing to actually taste a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, to even what I THOUGHT was the best OJ on the market, being Tropicana Premium.

I also wanted to post a Smoothie recipe for all of you who are enjoying them. This one is called the "Skinny Minnie". It's pretty good. But I do have a thing for the cantaloupe.

Today..I am feeling much better. Man I had a killer head cold that was just not fun at ALL.I am about to work out. hopefully I'll be able to feel the effects as I work out . I am very excited about this new "LifeStyle"..cause that's what many call it. I'll let you know in a few weeks if there are any significant changes in my body because of juicing..both in feeling, appearance and weight.

Also ladies.Just as I suspected...I got my March issue of Oxygen before February even got here..So be on the lookout.This one has a great Abs Section that I am trying to incorporate in my daily routine somewhere.

Enjoy...and Maintain your health.

3 comments:

Reflection said...

Glad you are feeling better!!! Keep having fun with the juicer. Thanks for posting the receipe.

sweetnes said...

Feel better :) I'm sure those juices you whip up will help you knock out that cold in no time!

Peace.Vrede.Paz said...

Thank you so much for sharing those juice recipes!!! I have a braun juicer and it has been collecting dust ontop of my cupboard for the last few months! I had no inspiration to use it and I have a tiny kitchen it was just taking up counter space. I am going to ask dh to put up a shelve for the juicer so I can use it. Dh is on a mission to eat and drink healthier so this will hopefully keep him on the right track.

Hope you beat the cold!

Blessings,
Chayil