Tuesday, January 1, 2008

MAKE 2008 GREAT!


Hey Bloggers....

I just wanted to stop in today to welcome all of you and my blog into 2008. I am lucky..cause I didn't have to work today..Not only is most businesses closed..but we got up to 9 inches of snow here in Detroit. The roads are a mess..and well..my home is snuggly warm and comforting. So I'd thought I'd just enjoy this new year in the calm and comfort of home. I'm sitting here with my banana , mango and pineapple smoothie typing. I figured I needed some sustenance for my mid day work out. I think the fresh fruit smoothies and juices will be my morning mainstays from this point on. Will I give up my wonderful eggs over medium (God I love that slightly thickened yolk)...Or pancakes with turkey sausage, or even cheesy grits with lots of butter and sausage?..Of course not..But in a small effort to to eat better, but not totally miss out on the wonderful foods out there..That will strictly be an "Out To Breakfast" treat. Something I don't do that often anyway. So it won't have a major impact on my efforts to eat right.

I also thought I'd share some of my favorite fruit and smoothie recipes with you all. Just a little something to help add something new to all of our worlds. So we don't get bored. Boredom is a killer of effort. You can CLICK on the recipe to get a better view with all the nutritional facts..plus the pretty pic beside that particular recipe in the book. I hope it helps and gives you all new ideas in regards to what you can do to make your diet, balanced and healthy. So here it is.

Smoothie of the Week.
"The Power Punch"
Reviews...I admit..I'm not much on tofu..But I found this smoothie very good. It is great for in the morning either prior or right after your work out. I hope you like it.

1 comment:

sweetnes said...

Tasty looking smoothie and best of luck in '08!