Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lots Of Lunges..Lots Of Walking..Some Running

Hi All....

Well..as you all know..I am still out of work. I'm putting out feelers, applying for jobs.. Waiting to get a call.. But In the mean time..I have upped the ante on my working our. Doing my Turbo Jam, and my Slim N'6..I want to work it back up so I can do P90X. I have a personal goal I want to achieve. I don't want to say what it is, cause I will be embarrassed if I don't achieve it. But I will let you know..as I work out..It is all I think about.

Yesterday...I ran half Photobucketa mile, and walked 1 mile. Each day I'm going further and further in my efforts to be able to run a mile. But something I also did while going around the track...I did lunges. I would stop in the middle of my walk and do 24 lunge steps forward. That's 12 on each leg. I did that 3 times...And let me tell yeah..When I got up this morning..

MY THIGHS WERE ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

But I think you will be very proud of me. Because..instead of looking at the pain as an excuse to rest and not work out ...I took it as encouragement that I actually DID something productive and helpful towards my dream goal. I got up , got out earlier than yesterday...AND DID IT AGAIN TODAY!...Not only THAT...But I added an extra 4TH SET OF 24 WALKING LUNGES!Photobucket

So I'm sure I'll be feeling this in the morning...heck..probably later this evening...But that's okay ...I think this is what I need to stay motivated, and occupied during the job hunt.

Now, I'm in the process of researching, reading, and learning to refine my diet. As you all know..I am a JUICING FANATICPhotobucket .. I loves my fresh juices...But obviously I can't truly live on it..My body needs fuel to burn for intense workouts, and protein to build muscle..SO I'm looking into many options for supplements....And there are SO MANY out there. Give you a few examples of some I've tried,and some I'm thinking of trying...

GNC ' Whey Protein

Now...I've tried the Chocolate Carmel (Photobucket It's okay) , And the Strawberry (Photobucket ) , which I could do without.

Now I absolutely LOVE The P90X Results and Recovery Formula Photobucket , a little too much.. I'm afraid I'll abuse it. It has a wonderful Orange flavor. My only issue is that Beachbody takes there TIME shipping to you. And I would hate to run out.

But I'm thinking of trying Whey Gourmet , BSN , & ISO Femme
These are all of the products I am considering adding to my regiment. has anyone tried any of these?...If so tell me about your experience . I really would like to know. I'd like to know about the flavor..cause let's be honest..if you can't get it down..It's not going to get used...And what did it bring to your workout, and health.

Have a great one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

La Monica consider the Nutiva Hemp Protein. Its not as high in protein content by weight as Whey, but I find it much easier to digest with a nice fatty acid profile as well. :-)

EmpressRi said...

I need to try all you mentioned above...