Monday, November 19, 2007

New Job, New Discoveries.


Hey Bloggers....

How have all of you been?I have been so-so. I started my new position..and let's just say..my hours are ALL OVER THE PLACE...which of course..has made me completely fall off of my workouts.And then..my eating habits have suffered as well. As most of you know I work for a bank..and well..I was promoted in position..but I was moved to a very busy branch inside a SUPERMARKET!...and even thou I take my lunch on some days..the temptation to buy is always THERE. My co workers keep junk around..And of course..there is no Curves right across the street..so my mid day workout is GONE!

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

But I have gotten a bit of a a grip. I had been having the worst time getting up in the morning to workout.. I can go to bed early..get the full eight hours...and STILL not be able to get up. But then Sunday night..I tried something...My hubby keeps the house HOT during the cooler months...and well..I turned the heat down one night..cause I felt it was making me so listless and hard to wake...well..on Monday the 19th..not only did I get up NO PROBLEM 5 minutes BEFORE my alarm clock was set to go off at 4:30 am...but I did my 45 minute workout ALL the way through..which I hadn't been able to accomplish since we got our first cool fall day here in Michigan.And for the rest of the day I felt GREAT. So ladies..I suggest turning down the heat in your home...if your body is already warm...you'll have nothing to work up to...and it will be tougher...I finally discovered that..and I am so happy that I did.

As you all know... I am a big fan of Oxygen Magazine ... Check out the December 2007 issue.I have completely given up on "Fitness" & "Shape" magazines...And I am on a personal campaign to get more of us reading "Oxygen"..cause I love that the focus is on STRENGTH & HEALTH and not on "SKINNY & THIN"...I'm sorry...but Kelly Ripa & Angie Harmon are not realistic goals that can inspire me. Strong healthy bodies like Jelena Abbou are not only beautiful...but strong and powerful. So I urge all of you to pick up the Oxygen ...it is awesome.

Please wish me luck in my getting back on track. I am about to do my workout, since I go in late today...I hope all of you are doing well..and I will stop in on your blogs soon.

Have a great day

2 comments:

Reflection said...

Wishing you much luck in getting back on track. I get the best sleep with the thermostat sat between 50-60 degrees at night. Of course, my husband want it sat at 80 degrees which is to hot for me.

Congratulation on your new promotion!!!!

Peace.Vrede.Paz said...

Congrats on the promotion! I'm sure if you look around you'll find a gym or something near your new job as well. The temperature in our bedrooms is always 59 or lower caus any higher dh gets nose bleeds while sleeping. Now downstairs is a whole other story bout 77 degrees, makes me really lazy just want to curl up on the couch with my lil man and read books all day ;-)
You ladies (you and reflection) get up so early to do your excersises!!! I get up that early and take my painkillers and go back to sleep for an hour and than go into my slowmotion mode (blush) As of tomorrow I will take meds go to sleep and get up and head straight for the shower hopefully that will help me overcome my listlessness (<--- is that even a word)

Anyway lady keep up the good work and I will be checkin' in again very soon!

Blessings,
Chayil